Squidwrench needs YOU to draw a Squidwrench.
This image will be turned into a printable screen, and your artwork will be slathered all over backpacks, t-shirts, jackets, and slow moving children.
Simply pick up your artistic weapon of choice, and get to it.
All 2d art forms are applicable (though they may require tinkering to make them printable)
The following restrictions apply:
1) Image size can not exceed 11" by 11" (or 28cm by 28cm)
2) Please make minimum line thickness at least 1/16th of an inch (.16 cm)
3) High contrast is key, so keep it to black and white if you please.
Bonus points awarded for:
- having your art in digital format (Inkscape .svg or .eps... even a really clean TIFF or JPG)
- having your work printed on a transparency
- sneaking your name into the artwork so that we can credit you in some way.
I'm no lawyer. I don't even hang out with lawyers.
If you make some cool logo or artwork, we can't pay you for it. We would like to use it to pimp our little proto-club. So, if you're cool with us reproducing your work, or altering it slightly to make it work with my low tech screen printing thing, then please submit right away.
I may have to make some changes to your work in order to make it transfer onto the screen. I will do my best to not ruin your work, but photochemicals are a harsh mistress, and may not faithfully display your vision without altering your vision slightly.
No matter how awesome your art is, some distortion may occur during transmutation onto an object. This is because I'm a hobbyist, not a professional. Please don't be mad at me if your masterpiece has a couple of extra blotches here or there when it gets reproduced.
If you dont' like the sound of that, and are worried that we're going to devalue your works, then feel free to show and tell us about it, but don't imply that we can use it in our projects.
Does that seem fair? I think it does.